The smoothie life has yet to reach a point of boredom – exploring fruits and vegetables and their usefulness to the body has been such a wonderful colourful task and even more exciting to share with you all!
This smoothie and its contents focuses heavily on delivering daily necessities required by the body to function at its best throughout the day, as well as storing up vital nutrients against environmental stresses. Packed heavily with Vitamin C, antioxidant power and and impressive fatty acid profile – there is no going wrong with this one!
I am currently working on an e-book called #smoothieyourworriesaway – where smoothies are presented from a medicinal approach! Really excited to share this project with you all soon!
I will also be slowly working toward migrating smoothie recipe information from my Instagram page over to my blog! In the meantime check out my Instagram page here and my online store for superior, 100% natural (organic) skincare line – AikoNaturals.
I have included a step to step recipe video below – enjoy!
What I used:
- Oranges 🍊 Excellent source of Vitamin C, great source of energy due to carbohydrate content and potassium that provides nutrients to our organs
- Pineapples 🍍 alkaline goodness and ample in manganese and Vitamin C! Contains a very powerful enzyme called Bromelain which is effective against pain, arthritis and digestive issues
- Acai Berry strengthens the immune system, reduces inflammation and protects against cancer! Loaded with dietary fibre preventing constipation and digestive issues
- Hemp Seeds rich in fatty acids – omegas 3 & 9! Crucial for heart, brain and hormone health! Superior source of protein too!🤓
- Maca – an “adaptogen” it helps to restore balance to the body. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole system.