A true smoothie is one that encompasses true nutritional value to the body when digested in the rawest form, reasons why organic produce is the best way to support the #smoothielife – providing much needed insurance that all you place straight into the body is safe from toxic chemicals and nasties!
Smoothies are also a fantastic way of delivering various active nutrients to your body at the same time! It really is the best! I really am not a fan of my dinner plate being covered by all sorts of food variation and types of foods – this actually in fact deters me from eating lol! Maximum I can have on my plate is probably 2-3 different types of foods and I am fine! So smoothies really do allow for a number of compatible ingredients to nestle together, blend well and deliver wholeness all at the same time 🙌🏾
I love Maca and feature in most of my smoothie blends for a variety of reasons including it advanced healing properties once consumed, be sure to purchase organic gelatinised maca (heated slightly to drastically reduce starch content – easier to digest and nutrients far more concentrated than raw maca)
I purchase maca from Revolution Foods as well as my vegan protein powder and superfoods! I have a fun code for you all, use REVBEAU for 15% off all purchases from their site (except bundle packs and starter plans which are already heavily discounted already)! Enjoy!
Here is a detailed list of what I used for this very simple, tasty smoothie. I have also included a fun, vivid video of the recipe steps too (enjoy):
- Known as the most powerful anti-inflammatory food.
- Most powerful way to alkalise the gut
- Rids toxins from every crevice of the body
- Enzymes and coenzymes which raises hydrochloric acid in the stomach -so food digests with ease
- Improves kidney function
- Starves unproductive bacteria, yeast, fungus and viruses in the body
(bananas must be truly ripened for true benefits to be achieved – covered in black spots but not as far as a soggy banana!)
- Fruit sugar found in bananas is bonded to life-supporting trace minerals such as manganese, selenium, copper and potassium
- High in amino acids
- Rich supply of antioxidants, vitamins and phytonutrients that help us fight disease
- Ultimate fungus destroyers, removing unproductive bacteria and feeding good bacteria within our gut
- Powerful antiviral food – so powerful it can repel growth of retrovirus hiv
- A cup of ginger can calm an upset stomach and relax any other areas of tension for up to 12 hours
- Ginger is antiviral, antibacterial and anti parasitic for promoting a healthy immune system
- Effective against nausea, indigestion and stomach aches – this is all down to the presence of gingerols an active compound of ginger and responsible for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities
- Promotes heathy blood flow to the kidneys and purifies polluted blood
- Maca is a ‘adaptogen’ that works within the body to retire balance especially after stressful situations.
- Improves the overall adaptability of the whole system
- Normalises the entire hormonal system – corrects female specific imbalances such as the regularisation of periods
- Powerful energising properties
- Rich in the all important mineral – iodine
- Reliable protein source
Enjoy this smoothie each morning!
(Majority of Information on Celery, Bananas and Ginger complied from ‘Life-Changing Foods’ by Medical Medium)