I am not one to go for a smoothie majorly composed of vegetables as I normally consume cooked vegetables as part of my daily diet. However on a occasion especially when the system feels a little bit clogged – consuming green vegetables (in my case slightly cooked) in smoothie form is perfect for the swift elimination of toxins/impurities via the small intestine, colon, liver and kidney. Call it a green ‘deliverance’ on the body!
I am amongst the group of individuals who cannot effectively digest raw vegetables (especially green), I literally feel like my insides are screeching for help!
Fast forward to now and I have discovered a fantastic method of safely incorporating favourites such as kale, spinach and lettuce into my smoothies and not causing any digestive issues.
Method of softening fibres in vegetables
I slightly steam chosen vegetable(s) in the tiniest amount of water tossing constantly for 3-5 minutes to ensure natural fibres of these vegetables are softened and easily digestible for sensitive tummies like my own!
All ingredients used are rich in dietary fibre which helps to flush the entire digestive system (including hard to get areas such as the small intestines and colon) not forgetting the liver and kidneys which are thoroughly detoxed too.
Here are the main ingredients:
- Rich in antioxidants
- Rich in calcium
- Great source of vitamin C
- Nourishment for the bones
- Improves kidney function
- Excellent detoxification due to presence of dietary fibre which helps to flush the digestive system
- Wonderful for ridding the liver of impurities
- Packed full of electrolytes, mineral and amino acids
- Super detoxification for the kidneys as well as live, also maintains kidney function at an optimal level
- Improves the immune system
- Superb detox of heavy metals and pollutants from the blood
- Especially powerful for colon and liver cleansing
- Strengthens the immune system – one of the strongest antioxidants in the world (powerful antioxidants such as anthocyanin, polyphenols and phyosterols)
- Drastically reduces inflammation within the body
- Protection against cancer when regularly consumed
- Loaded with dietary fibre – preventing constipation and digestive issues
- High in vitamin A, C, B1, B2 and E
- Rich amounts of omega 3 (more than fish) and a concentration of omega 9
- Maca is a ‘adaptogen’ that works within the body to retire balance especially after stressful situations.
- Improves the overall adaptability of the whole system
- Normalises the entire hormonal system – corrects female specific imbalances such as the regularisation of periods
- Powerful energising properties
- Rich in the all important mineral – iodine
- Reliable protein source
Hemp Seeds (Gelatinised)
- Contains chlorophyll which assists in removing impurities from the blood
- Improves blood circulation
- Abundant in amino acids (cysteine) which aids/stimulates the liver to expel toxins
- Consuming lemon raw or in a potent essential oil form helps enhance the digestive process.
- Assists the liver to detox itself of accumulated toxins
- Cleanses and detoxes entire digestive system
- Aids digestion
- 1 cup Kale (steamed)
- 1/2 tsp Spirulina
- 1/2 tsp Acai Berry
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seeds (use code REVBEAU for 15% off most products including Maca powder)
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil (ensure ‘internal use’ printed on bottle (Doterra))
- 1 cup almond milk